Make A Difference
Volunteer week in the Galil
A unique volunteer programme
UJIA Make A Difference is a unique volunteering programme for adults in the Galil, where you will truly make a lasting impact and a real difference to local communities in the North of Israel. Alongside the opportunity to spend 20 hours over 6 days volunteering at UJIA projects, you will also enjoy sightseeing, cultural experiences and spending time with the local community in this beautiful and special part of the country.
When: Sunday 29 October – Friday 3 November 2017
What is included?
- Food (excluding free evening)
- Activities and volunteering
Choose from four tracks:
Education & Arts
- Tutor students at Shlomi High School in preparation for the oral bagrut (matriculation exams) and help strengthen their English skills.
- Help young adults in the community with special needs reach their creative potential with textiles, carpentry and arts.
Medical & Special Needs
- Assist medical clowns at Nahariya Hospital, help distribute meals and volunteer with children.
Environment & Sustainability
- Volunteer in Shlomi with school students.
- Refurbish bomb shelters and local park facilities with school students.
- Decorate homes with senior citizens in the older Shlomi neighbourhood with members of the Toranit community.
*excluding flight and insurance
Proportion of students at the UJIA-supported Western Galilee college who are women
YOUNG PEOPLE REACHED BY UJIA IN THE GALIL DIRECTLY EVERY YEAR.
Number of young people in the Galil reached by the UJIA-supported Kibbutz Eshbal
WE SEND MORE THAN 50% OF OUR 16 YEAR-OLDS TO ISRAEL WITH THE UK YOUTH MOVEMENTS EVERY YEAR
School students benefiting from our UJIA JAMS programme in the last year
Young people sent on UJIA-supported Israel tour, gap year and other Israel experience programmes last year