Make A Difference
Volunteer week in the Galil
A unique volunteer programme
UJIA Make A Difference is a unique volunteering programme for adults in the Galil, where you will truly make a lasting impact and a real difference to local communities in the North of Israel. Alongside the opportunity to spend 20 hours over 6 days volunteering at UJIA projects, you will also enjoy sightseeing, cultural experiences and spending time with the local community in this beautiful and special part of the country.
When: Sunday 29 October – Friday 3 November 2017
What is included?
- Food (excluding free evening)
- Activities and volunteering
Choose from four tracks:
Education & Arts
- Tutor students at Shlomi High School in preparation for the oral bagrut (matriculation exams) and help strengthen their English skills.
- Help young adults in the community with special needs reach their creative potential with textiles, carpentry and arts.
Medical & Special Needs
- Assist medical clowns at Nahariya Hospital, help distribute meals and volunteer with children.
Environment & Sustainability
- Volunteer in Shlomi with school students.
- Refurbish bomb shelters and local park facilities with school students.
- Decorate homes with senior citizens in the older Shlomi neighbourhood with members of the Toranit community.
*excluding flight and insurance
Young people sent on UJIA-supported Israel tour, gap year and other Israel experience programmes last year
Proportion of students at the UJIA-supported Western Galilee college who are women
Merom Hagalil’s income is almost 40% below the national average
OF CHILDREN IN NORTHERN ISRAEL LIVE BELOW THE POVERTY LINE.
Our programmes directly reach 11,500 young Jewish lives in the UK each year
WE SEND MORE THAN 50% OF OUR 16 YEAR-OLDS TO ISRAEL WITH THE UK YOUTH MOVEMENTS EVERY YEAR