Make A Difference
Volunteer week in the Galil
"Helping teenagers in a classroom is a memory I shall always cherish"
UJIA Make A Difference is a unique volunteering programme for adults in the Galil, Northern Israel, where you will truly make a lasting impact and a real difference to local communities. Alongside the opportunity to spend 20 hours over 6 days volunteering at UJIA projects, you will also enjoy sightseeing, cultural experiences and spending time with Israelis in this beautiful and special part of the country.
When: Sunday 4 March – Friday 9 March 2018
What is included?
- Food (excluding free evening)
- Activities and volunteering
Choose from four tracks:
1) Education & Arts
- Tutor students at Shlomi High School in preparation for the oral bagrut (matriculation exams) and help strengthen their English skills.
- Help young adults in the community with special needs reach their creative potential with textiles, carpentry and arts.
2) Medical & Special Needs
- Assist medical clowns at Nahariya Hospital, help distribute meals and volunteer with children.
3) Environment & Sustainability
- Volunteer in Shlomi with school students.
- Refurbish bomb shelters and local park facilities with school students.
4) Social Responsibility
- Decorate homes with senior citizens in the older Shlomi neighbourhood with members of the Toranit community.
If you are interested in finding out more about Make a Difference, please contact Melanie Kelly on 020 7424 6422 or at email@example.com.
*excluding flight and insurance
Young people sent on UJIA-supported Israel tour, gap year and other Israel experience programmes last year
Population of the Western Galil
Decline in size of UK Jewish population since its post-war peak
School students benefiting from our UJIA JAMS programme in the last year
WE SEND MORE THAN 50% OF OUR 16 YEAR-OLDS TO ISRAEL WITH THE UK YOUTH MOVEMENTS EVERY YEAR
Merom Hagalil’s income is almost 40% below the national average