Make A Difference
Volunteer week in the Galil
"Helping teenagers in a classroom is a memory I shall always cherish"
UJIA Make A Difference is a unique volunteering programme for adults in the Galil, Northern Israel, where you will truly make a lasting impact and a real difference to local communities. Alongside the opportunity to spend 20 hours over 6 days volunteering at UJIA projects, you will also enjoy sightseeing, cultural experiences and spending time with Israelis in this beautiful and special part of the country.
When: Sunday 4 March – Friday 9 March 2018
What is included?
- Food (excluding free evening)
- Activities and volunteering
Choose from four tracks:
1) Education & Arts
- Tutor students at Shlomi High School in preparation for the oral bagrut (matriculation exams) and help strengthen their English skills.
- Help young adults in the community with special needs reach their creative potential with textiles, carpentry and arts.
2) Medical & Special Needs
- Assist medical clowns at Nahariya Hospital, help distribute meals and volunteer with children.
3) Environment & Sustainability
- Volunteer in Shlomi with school students.
- Refurbish bomb shelters and local park facilities with school students.
4) Social Responsibility
- Decorate homes with senior citizens in the older Shlomi neighbourhood with members of the Toranit community.
If you are interested in finding out more about Make a Difference, please contact Melanie Kelly on 020 7424 6422 or at email@example.com.
*excluding flight and insurance
YOUNG PEOPLE REACHED BY UJIA IN THE GALIL DIRECTLY EVERY YEAR.
Population of the Western Galil
Our programmes directly reach 11,500 young Jewish lives in the UK each year
OF CHILDREN IN NORTHERN ISRAEL LIVE BELOW THE POVERTY LINE.
Young people sent on UJIA-supported Israel tour, gap year and other Israel experience programmes last year
Proportion of students at the UJIA-supported Western Galilee college who are women