Union of Jewish Students (UJS)
Supporting Jewish students
UJIA is one of the 3 main funders of UJS, helping them offer educational and social activities to 8,500 Jewish students every year.
Our support is in the following key areas:
• Jewish Societies (J-Socs): Training and funding for 64 J-Socs around the country, to enhance Jewish student life on campus
• UJS Israel Engagement Activities: UJIA and UJS jointly deliver a wide range of engaging programmes for students to connect them to Israel. We send speakers to campuses, bring Israeli culture to J-Socs, speak at Friday Night Dinners, run a year-long arts and culture fellowship, bring an Israeli flavour to the chaggim, help students raise money for Israeli charities, and much more
• Careers and Networking: Members of UJS are offered the opportunity to participate in career networking events, master classes and a summer placement scheme
• National Events: Each year UJS hosts and runs national events to bring together Jewish students from across the country. These include: UJS training Summit, UJS Conference, UJS Student Awards and Shabbat UK
• Services: UJS works with universities to secure Jewish student accommodation and spaces for J-Soc activities as well as sourcing kosher food for students on campuses around the country
We also jointly run the UR UNI LIFE programme to prepare students for campus life, including the popular University Information Evening; and we help train the UJS team through the annual Chazon seminar in Israel.
UJIA helps bring Israel Engagement activities to 3,500 students through UJS.
Proportion of students at the UJIA-supported Western Galilee college who are women
OF CHILDREN IN NORTHERN ISRAEL LIVE BELOW THE POVERTY LINE.
School students benefiting from our UJIA JAMS programme in the last year
Population of the Western Galil
Decline in size of UK Jewish population since its post-war peak
Merom Hagalil’s income is almost 40% below the national average