Over the past month, it has become very clear that Israel needs the support of the worldwide Jewish community to keep parts of day-to-day Israeli society functioning. So UJIA and Birthright Israel have put together a unique Onward volunteering opportunity.
What do you do on the programme?
This two-week programme, based in Tel Aviv, will allow you to help Israel in key areas such as food rescue. This will include sorting, packing, and distributing goods for civil and military personnel. You will volunteer for 5 days a week (Sunday – Thursday) for between 4-6 hours a day.
What are the dates?
Today, we are reaching out to you to see if you are willing to heed the call in Israel’s time of need. We will be running two exclusive programmes that you are able to apply for right now. They are:
- Young Adults (Ages 22-35): Monday 4th December – Sunday 17th December
- Students in partnership with UJS (Any current student up until the age of 30): Tuesday 2nd January – Tuesday 16th January
What type of person are we looking for?
- Flexible – At the last moment, the need may change in Israel and a new volunteering is needed.
- Active – The work will be manual i.e Lifting, picking, moving.
- Experience – Ideally, this will not be your first time in Israel, although we do have some flexibility in this area.
- Cost – The programme is free
- What is included?
- Accommodation in Tel Aviv with a safe room
- Transportation to and from the airport and to volunteering
- Volunteer Placement
- Health Insurance
- Educational/Social Programme
- Meeting with Israeli peers
- What is not included?
- Flight ticket to and from Israel (Subsidies and discounts are provided)
- Meals (Small weekly stipend is provided)
- Travel Insurance
(Please note that you can participate on this programme even if you have been on an organised trip to Israel after the age of 18, and additionally, does not effect future participation on Birthright Israel)
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.